Immunizations for Special Populations

  • online icon

    Students In An Online Degree Program and Online Learners

    If you are in an online degree/major program or enrolled in ALL Online Courses, you will be exempt from the immunization requirement until you are no longer an online learner. The exemption from the immunization requirements will automatically be applied by the Office of the Registrar. However, if you are in a certificate program you will not be automatically exempted. 

    Once you enroll in a class that physically meets on campus, you will be required to immediately provide proof of the required immunizations. A hold will be placed on your record which will prevent class schedule adjustments until the immunization requirement is met. You may contact the Office of the Registrar at if this occurs and you have questions.


    • religious icon

      Religious Exemption

      Students who have religious objections to immunizations and students whose physicians have certified that they cannot be immunized because of medical reasons may be exempted from providing proof of immunization. In the event of a disease outbreak, these students may be excluded from any institution or facility of the University System of Georgia until such time as they present valid evidence that they are immunized against the disease or have had the disease and recovered, or the epidemic or threat no longer constitutes a significant public health danger.  Additionally, if claiming religious exemption, students cannot receive travel vaccines from the KSU Health Clinic.

      • previous icon

        Satisfied at Previous Institution

        If you have satisfied the immunization requirements at a former institution, you may be able to request a copy of your immunization records from that institution. If your former institution provides this service, the immunization records can be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar or you can submit them in person.

        • international icon

          International Students

           If you are an International student, you are required to complete the Immunization and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form. This form can be found on the Immunization Forms page.
          • Green Card Icon

            Green Card Holders

            Green Card holders may use their green card as proof of immunizations. If the date is over 10 years, student is required to have:
            • Updated Tetanus TDAP and
            • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
            • Military Icon

              Military Students (not the dependent)

              Military students may submit their DD214 to fulfill the requirements.